Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

BLOG or not to BLOG?

So why does anyone read blogs, anyway? 
Writers spend hour after hour honing their unpublished texts, searching for the exquisite word, the finely turned phrase, the well-coiled paragraph, and yet apparently the majority of what is read now is here on the internet -  "blogs", the before-and-afterthoughts of milions of wanna be writers, ideas thrown down on the digital paper without regard, like children spilling paint. Rolf Harris has a lot to answer for in that metaphor. 
Maybe that’s all a blog is, a catalogue of a writers’ recycle bin that never got emptied.  I've read many, but never shared... and now inspired by lyrics from the Anna Nalick song "Breathe 2am" (check it out UK -ites... American songstress who is very talented... but you guys never got Sarah McLachlan either and she is a class act!) I've decided, now in 2012 - a full twelve years after I originally intended to start - to "write it all down".
As Ms. Nalick rightfully observes...
"2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a [blog]
If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to.." (@ A. Nalick)
So life might be an hourglass glued to the table, but I'm recording the grains of sand from now on.
I’m not yet sure to what extent this blog will be musical, entertaining, environmental, political, literary, or none of the above, (possibly even nothing at all!), but for awhile I’ll consider whether there’s any life in my scraps. Or indeed if anyone is interested in reading them...
Happy Blogosphering...

1 comment: